Thread: AQ Terrorist IO Efforts Continue

DDilegge

Default AQ Terrorist IO Efforts Continue

Via Reuters (al-Jazeera of the west):

Al Qaeda puts job ads on Internet - Arab paper

"Al Qaeda has put job advertisements on the Internet asking for supporters to help put together its Web statements and video montages, an Arabic newspaper reported"

"The London-based Asharq al-Awsat said on its Web site this week that al Qaeda had 'vacant positions' for video production and editing statements, footage and international media coverage about militants in Iraq, the Palestinian territories, Chechnya and other conflict zones where militants are active."

Excerpt - full article at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...100600790.html

Council Member

From the Jamestown Foundation: Technology and Security Discussions on the Jihadist Forums: Producing a More Savvy Next Generation
    Jihadist groups operating online appear to be raising awareness about information and communications security, and stressing the importance of technical know-how in conducting successful operations. Two training manuals recently found on Internet discussion forums promoting militant Islam illustrate the importance of technical savvy to the jihadist movement. Formerly used chiefly as a platform for al-Qaeda statements and claims of responsibility for attacks by numerous groups, these forums have become a grassroots medium through which individuals without any particular group affiliation can post a document or manual of their own creation, subsequently useable as standard procedure for terrorist cells.
    Sound familiar?

As an adherent to 4GW/Distributed Warfare, I see IO as the area the coalition is truly getting 'whupped up' in.

This essay I wrote months ago may be instructive.

http://www.facesfromthefront.com/content/view/89/21/

Banned

e-Qaeda.....

Council Member

Default al Jazeera - IO

Quote Originally Posted by JD Johannes
    As an adherent to 4GW/Distributed Warfare, I see IO as the area the coalition is truly getting 'whupped up' in.

This essay I wrote months ago may be instructive.

http://www.facesfromthefront.com/content/view/89/21/

We should not forget that al Jazeera waas banned in several gulf States between 1996 and 2001. It was only after we demonstrated a half-hearted effort in Afghanistan and began speaking of invading Iraq in 2002-2003 that it suddenly became the most popular Arab channel. Only the US or Israel could make Saddam popular with the majority of Arabs. We remain our own worst enemy.