Thread: Massacre at Virginia Tech !!?

Banned

Default Massacre at Virginia Tech !!?

At least 22 people were killed today, some of them students, and about two dozen more injured during shootings at Virginia Tech, some of them in a classroom, the police said. A gunman was also shot to death, officials said.

The attack was the deadliest campus shooting in American history. According to several news agencies, the death toll continued to climb and could be as high 32.

“Today the university was struck with a tragedy that we consider of monumental proportions,” said the university’s president, Charles Steger.

There were two shootings on the campus in Blacksburg, Va., and in each case fatalities with “multiple shooting victims,” he said.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/us...ooting.html?hp

Diferent report saying between 21 to 32 dead!?? And about 29 injured… But not sure what TWO SHOOTINGS they are mentioning!?

Fox news reports one shooting happened at 715 this morning and then 3 hours later another shooting happened at the same campus. Fox says death toll is 32.

Latest on CNN says shootings in two seperate locations. As of now, one at West Ambler Johnston Hall, 911 call at 0715. 20+ killed at Norris Hall, shooting started at 0915. Possible that the shooter made one kill in West Ambler then moved to Norris Hall?

Latest on the wires are the shooter killed himself and over 30 students dead. Prayers go out for their families.
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet withstanding, go out to meet it."

-Thucydides

Council Member

God almighty! I come in from the woods and the wife is crying and I didn't know what had happened. You expect it coming from Iraq and Afghan but not one of our colleges. What a nightmare

Watch and see this will end up being Domestic Violence related before it is all over. A freind called me a few minutes ago and said this guy was looking for his girlfriend and when the students would not give him any answers he began shooting them. More later if I find out anything.

My day here at the edu has been interesting. I feel sorry for any scumbag that walks through the door of my classroom. My students are of a different persuasion than the VT's and slightly more candid in their response to violence.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

I posted this in the Law Enforcement thread afew days ago. As time goes by watch how many of these targets appear in the results from the final investigation.

http://smallwarsjournal.com/document...ystems-map.pdf

I think the dean should be charged with 30 counts of manslaughter. First two homicides at the dorm was bad enough. To let people go to class and using the email system instead of a campus wide PA system is nothing short of manslaughter. All this after an incident in the area involving the death of a peace officer just last August. Of which all classes were actually canceled. What the shooter did was homicide and suicide. What the administration did was manslaughter. Homicide with absence of malice. Manslaughter.
    Last edited by Culpeper; 04-17-2007 at 03:20 AM.

Heck I get emails all the time telling me the email system is down.......
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Sounds like there will be some hero's...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat...orld-headlines
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog