Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts?

Hi Tequila,

Quote Originally Posted by tequila View Post
    All the new Stoddards like Steyn and Buchanan who bemoan the white race's inevitable submersion beneath the swarthy Muslim hordes should really check out the rather low birth rates in most Muslim countries. I'd hate to reassure them --- more fun to watch them sweat --- but their views are just silly, and belong to an earlier age.
    At the moment, the latest UN statistics on age distribution show some rather disturbing trends (you can get them here). When you examine the crude birth and death rates to get a general population growth, the highest population growth rates are in Africa (0.7-2.6) and Western Asia (2.1). Some other rates are:
    • North America 1.0
    • Eastern Europe -0.5
    • Northern Europe 0.3
    • Southern Europe 0.4
    • Western Europe 0.2
    As far as "ravening hordes" are concerned, sure that image belongs to an earlier age - I ever said it didn't . I would also, however, make three other observations:
    1. radical Islamist ideology also belongs to an "earlier age";
    2. "old" ideologies can be pretty easily updated and spread with modern communications technologies; and
    3. there are always politicians willing to see which way the people are going emotionally, jump in front of them and yell "Follow Me".
    Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Council Member

"Besides, I've lived in both western Pennsylvania and East New York" - who were your interpretors? LOL

Since when is Demographics an a priori consideration in the expansion of the Ummah? Purity obtained through the crucible is externalized via beheadings, suicide bombs and molotovs. Do you need to hear a banjo strumming in the background when I make the pronouncement that it takes 33,381, give or take a hundred or so, Europeans to negate one jihadist/activist?
    Last edited by goesh; 04-20-2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: I forgot a digit, that's 33381, not 3381

Quote Originally Posted by goesh View Post
    "Besides, I've lived in both western Pennsylvania and East New York" - who were your interpretors? LOL
    Didn't need one, I already speak Bad English.

Since when is Demographics an a priori consideration in the expansion of the Ummah? Purity obtained through the crucible is externalized via beheadings, suicide bombs and molotovs. Do you need to hear a banjo strumming in the background when I make the pronouncement that it takes 33,381, give or take a hundred or so, Europeans to negate one jihadist/activist?
    Uhhh ... what? Is that hillbilly math now?

As far as "ravening hordes" are concerned, sure that image belongs to an earlier age - I ever said it didn't . I would also, however, make three other observations:

1. radical Islamist ideology also belongs to an "earlier age";
    2. "old" ideologies can be pretty easily updated and spread with modern communications technologies; and
    3. there are always politicians willing to see which way the people are going emotionally, jump in front of them and yell "Follow Me".
    I'll just say that dumbassed old ideas need to be fought, not given the thumbs up --- whether they be Qutb's or Stoddard's.
    Last edited by tequila; 04-20-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Council Member

Default - of beeswax and plucked banjos....

Those dumbassed old ideas have serious traction with astronomical economic attachments. Said economic attachments not only are oblivious to the wonderous illumination of alternative and liberating enlightement, but totally immune, indeed impenetrable. Can the candle flame of illumination nobody sees ever really burn? I was trying to work up a good banjo metaphor with real audacity to insert here but it dawns on me that the banjo vigorously picked with no strings also has a questionable audience, or at least one that is hearing impaired.