Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
I agree and I wrote it! As always language is a problem, and this was written for a UK audience.

A more useful statement would have been "Skill in dismounted infantry operations, and patrolling in particular, is largely relevant across the spectrum of conflict." I could go on to emphasise why, but I think everyone here has good take on military history.

I can't see any good reason why you would not want your infantry skilled in these areas.
Agree and you are absolutely right and i did acknowledge this point that of course infantry must be skilled at dismounted patrolling and when need be conducting patrol base operations. But these should be skills that are a part of, and not the base of, a larger capability of infantry to fight across a broad spectrum. As I stated in my post, I am worried about the American Army and where our fetish with Coin is taking us.

I appreciate the fact that you wrote it for a Brittish audience. My concern, as I have stated, is with the American audience hence my posting.

I should also repeat what i said in the previous post about the value of this article and its very well written nature.

good to be in touch with you

gian