Thread: Movie clip: Humvee Vs. VBIED

Banned

Default Movie clip: Humvee Vs. VBIED

No one is hurt, don’t worry, but decision how to deal with VBIED is - !??? Well, you make your own decision what is… I am not sure if you saw this before (clip is old) but how Marines (or Iraqis under they supervision) decide to deal with VBIED is lesson how NOT to deal with VBIED even today!

This is the "raw" version of a clip that was shown on CNN a long time ago. In August CNN played the clip and the woman reporter who was embedded said it happened in April. But someone found a transcript of the video on CNN.com from March 26, 2005. The location according to CNN is the "Baghdad-Fallujah highway". I don't know more than that.

Full title:
    Marines blow up their Humvee pushing a VBIED then rescue the damn thing...

Some comments:
    Marines are brave. But damn we should have let the thing burn. Maybe they knew Gunny was going to kick their butt good. Now I know why they call us Jarheads.
    They should let the driver of the Humvee beat the #### out of the soldier who made that stupid decesion.
    i am appalled at the utter stupidity of of the staff nco in charge, absolutely appalled. pushing a potential(turned out to be actual) vbied with a hmmwv...******* idiot could have gotten everyone there killed…

Link:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fb7_1176702492

Council Member

Default Confused In Appalachia

I'm still trying to figure out if Marines are just plain bad to the bone, just plain dumb or just plain infidels. Help me out Sarajevo, you seem to have unique perspective here. What's your point?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goesh View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out if Marines are just plain bad to the bone, just plain dumb or just plain infidels. Help me out Sarajevo, you seem to have unique perspective here. What's your point?
    How is little, poor me supposed to know about mighty Marines!? Ask Marines here what they think about it. Those comments there are not mine and you know that.

This is clip educational and funny… It is not enemy propaganda or casualty video. It was posted with same intent. To educate and make people laugh. Other people also posted vids from LiveLeak.

If you have problem with it, ask Admin to remove it and to warn and/or punish me if warranted. For someone who showing hate and bias so often in his posts, you shouldn't ask me all those questions.

Good luck with your efforts to figure out things, goesh. Hope you are not so confused in other things like you said you are here.
    Last edited by Sarajevo071; 04-23-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Default Your Perspective RE Marines

Hi Sarajevo !
    I may be off-base, but I don't believe Goesh's post was sarcastic. I think he was trying to ascertain your view on this.

C'mon Pal, you started the thread

Remember our last RE Marines here ?:
    http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ead.php?t=2457

Yes, we are all learning and at a rapid pace. No wonder why we have knee-jerk reactions.

So, let's discuss the thread then

OK ?

Council Member

Default Takfir Wal-Hijra

The only thing I have figured out is there ain't any of them Hijra boys in the woods I frequent but I keep my eyes open for them when I go to town and get on the net. The only Marines I have person-to-person access to is a couple of old boys that had been in the Pacific so I'm still dependent on your take of that clip at this point in time since I can't bring it up given the derelict condition of my computer. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Banned

Default Tag, you’re It!

OK, I can play today... Not to busy here.

My take since it was me who posted this Stan? Why do I need to have some big opinion!? Can it be that I saw simpa video and thought it will be funny/something to see and learn for people here?

No need for you to think too hard about my “view” about this video… I don’t have any deep thoughts. People do crazy things/decisions when on field. Just say, “thank God no one got hurt and I hope they will learn they lesson”.

Simple, right?

I know. I am simple minded, limited with my tribal customs and lack of education so fitting for other big boys here.

Goesh I hope you are right. I think it will be very scary to see them in woods in the dark… All bushy looking and high on sugar from ZamZam Cola. It is better for you to search for them on Web. Kinda safer that way too, don’t you think!?

Well, you at least have those old boys around you… I don’t know any so I still don’t know what to tell you.

Default Simple, right ?

Hey Sarajevo !

My take since it was me who posted this Stan? Why do I need to have some big opinion!? Can it be that I saw simpa video and thought it will be funny/something to see and learn for people here?

No need for you to think too hard about my “view” about this video… I don’t have any deep thoughts. People do crazy things/decisions when on field. Just say, “thank God no one got hurt and I hope they will learn they lesson”.

Simple, right?
    I wished it was that simple. I survived 5 tours in Afghanistan, not one shot fired (at me) (well, at least I think so).

Anyway, I think people would like your view on these subjects. Don't sell yourself short.

I think that when you begin a post, you have an opinion about it. Right ?

Anyway, I don't think Goesh was asking much more than your opinion.

Regards, Stan

Banned

Default lesson learned

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Hey Sarajevo !

I wished it was that simple. I survived 5 tours in Afghanistan, not one shot fired (at me) (well, at least I think so).

Anyway, I think people would like your view on these subjects. Don't sell yourself short.

I think that when you begin a post, you have an opinion about it. Right ?

Anyway, I don't think Goesh was asking much more than your opinion.

Regards, Stan
    Well, Stan I am happy for you & for your easy time there. Who knows, maybe God look at you with a special smile since you did such a great task and help many.

About others... I am sorry to disappoint you, goesh and other people and say -I have no opinion to share in this instance. But, I will keep in mind you advice and will not post things if I do not have some opinions.

I just wanted to share this vid with you guys.

No major thoughts, plan or ideas there. Sorry to disappoint you and others who have such a high opinion of me.

Cheers, Stan !

Default What would my last 3 Xs think of that one ?

For my sake, I hope you're right Sarajevo

Well, Stan I am happy for you & for your easy time there. Who knows, maybe God look at you with a special smile since you did such a great task and help many.
    I believe my third and last told me to foxtrot myself the last time we had a rational conversation (funny, I don't remember much of that conversation )

Regards, Stan

Most important thing they saved was the spare tire. The Army has spare tires to spare. Not the USMC.

Default Observations...

Hi Culpeper !
    They may not have a large inventory of spare tires, but they have a lot water to extinguish Humvee engine fires

Hey Sarajevo,
    Here's a few obvious observations that, by now I hope all of us are aware of:

Someone should have given the vehicle and surrounding area a 'once over' before additional people were permitted to proceed. Following the 'Victim Operated' explosion and at about the 3:50 mark in the film, would have been the optimum moment for a command operated or projected secondary device. The helicopter would be of little immediate assistance.

We call this the 5 Cs and Ws:
    Confirm description
    Clear and Cordon area
    Control access
    Check for secondary
    What is it
    Where is it
    When was it found
    Why is it suspicious/there
    Who: found it
    Who is the possible target
    Who is the likely perpetrator

Most importantly, the One Person Risk rule always applies

The video recording of the scene is a good idea, but the photographer should have recorded the surrounding area leading up to the event.

You can bet somebody else was