Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combat optics, iron sights and you

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigrunt View Post
    This setup could work alright...provided it comes with a step-ladder!
    God, I hate the G36. Possibly the worst combat rifle produced this century, and I include the Ross rifle when I say that.

POS optic, non-ergo and cannot be effectively fired when wearing body armor due to the LOP of that huge stock.

On a related note, I am now using an M92 Yugo Krinkov in Afghanistan. I wish I could use an M4, but this is what I was issued. The Aimpoint H1 is The Answer as far as optics go, and I can use the iron sights as configured. I wish I could mount it further forward, but we are prohibited from modifying our weapons, despite the "Hello Kitty!" bling....
    Last edited by 120mm; 10-29-2010 at 04:51 AM.

Council Member

Just to continue Kiwigrunt's HK "tower" thread

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2.../the-g36k-idz/

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    God, I hate the G36. Possibly the worst combat rifle produced this century, and I include the Ross rifle when I say that.

POS optic, non-ergo and cannot be effectively fired when wearing body armor due to the LOP of that huge stock.
    They must have heard you...they just designed this stock half an hour ago. Now they need to have the cocking handle come out to the side so they can drop the scope-rail another 20 mm or so. With the new rail on these photos they have obviously dropped it as much as they dared but the operator on Kaur's photo will struggle to get his glove in that gap when he's in a hurry!
    Mechanically I think the rifle is quite good and it is a breeze to clean (without a silencer!), but you are right, the ergonomics leave a lot to be desired.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kiwigrunt; 10-29-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Kaur beat me to it with one photo so deleted it.
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD

I don't know what to think about this. Surely this scope would need an externally adjustable mount to compensate for the trajectories of the M2 and Mk19 (unless that's what a BERM is).
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD