Thread: 25 April - ANZAC Commemoration Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Glad to hear Leavenworth had another great ANZAC ceremony. I played the pipes there last year and it was a very moving event.
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet withstanding, go out to meet it."

-Thucydides

The somewhat misty seventy-first dawn parade at the Auckland Memorial Museum started the most beautiful Anzac weather I can remember. For the first time an Ozzie flag went up alongside the Kiwi flag and the Ozzie anthem was sung as well. The turnouts have been increasing steadily over the last ten or so years with many kids wearing their granddad’s and great granddad’s medals.

The mist prohibited a Herc from doing a fly-by and appears to have prohibited a Huey from staying in the air. Not a good start for the RNZAF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD

No ANZAC Troops nearby our base in Baghdad but I piped "Flowers of the Forest" in their honor anyhow.
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet withstanding, go out to meet it."

-Thucydides

Banned

Default 2011

Lest We Forget

Anzac Day

Australian soldier carries his wounded mate in Gallipoli, 1915.

In solidarity from across the ocean.

It was 1914 when my country said "Son, there's no time for droving, there's work to be done." so they gave me a tin hat, and they gave me a gun, and they sent me away to the war.

And the band played Waltzing Matilda, as the ship pulled away from the key. Amid all the cheers, the flag waving and tears, we set off for Gallipoli.

Lest We Forget!
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD

Banned

Default Anzac day 2012

"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them"

God bless the ANZACs!

Default Anzac day

Attended the service here in Nairobi. A small well done affair.