https://bigthink.com/videos/danny-sj...4db27-43618197

Are lives around the globe just as valuable as American lives?

U.S. Army strategist and military historian Danny Sjursen says Americans don't value all lives the same. They continually fight people who don't look like them, making it easier to not care as much about their lives. If the U.S. military is to be truly engaged around the world, it may need to learn how to value all lives equally. NOTE: The views expressed in this video are those of the guest speaking in an unofficial capacity and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Command and General Staff College, Department of the Army, Department of Defense, or the US government.
A short 4 minute video from an Army strategist on whether America cares about non-American lives. Mostly directed at the U.S. population writ large. I think his points are valid, and our foreign policy would be more effective if our nation emphasized more with those beyond our borders. I suspect there are deeply embedded psychological inclinations that cause to default to putting people into simple categories, and 90% of those categories we don't consider as human as our own. I somehow suspect this is universal trait, not simply an American one.