Quote Originally Posted by BRUZ_LEE View Post
That is indeed very tragic news, as all the other sad news of this huge waste of life in IRAQ.

We have to face it: No matter how much we will achieve in the next 1-3 years in IRAQ, in the end it will not be worth having toppled Saddam AT THIS PRICE! (And I don't refer to the billions of dollars that we buried there... And if we don't achieve significantly more than within the last 4 years, we transformed IRAQ into something worse than before...)

And I can't get the point of the Marcus Flavinius Quote in this respect.
In my opinion it refers to a Imperial Non-democratic Power that suppressed other people and reflects a military that doesn't obey the will of the population. All that doesn't apply to what the US is standing/should stand for.

BRUZ
Show a little class and respect the right of the professor to oppose the war as well as his son's right to fight in the same war for which he paid the ultimate sacrifice. Perhaps you will be better served on Democratic Underground where they would more than happy to enjoy your sadistic flash card talking points. This Council is hallowed ground when it comes to the quick and the dead in uniform as well as for their families. A thread devoted to the death, pain, and suffering of an individual and family members is not your opportunity to get on a soap box. You weren't born in a tent on some commune in Southern California so stop acting like one.