Thread: The Strange Death of Europe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

David,

I appreciate the counter arguments, or more accurately arguments that provide balance. I still think that any nation that attempts to suppress the news, just as the U.S. media has done, by attempting to cover up the crimes committed by certain groups is little more than irresponsible deception that rightfully leads many to conspiracy theories. Get in the open and discuss it. Is it a trend? A one off? The same percentage of other groups commit the same number and type of crimes, etc.? Then expose reporting becomes less meaningful.

I also think national identity is important for the survival of a nation. Without it a nation doesn't have resiliency, and it easy for predators like Russia to weaken a nation and manipulate it to its will. Identifying as Christian, Muslim, Agnostic, etc. should be less important than identifying as British, French, American, etc. There are sound arguments on both sides, and they are both apt at pointing out the weakness of each other's arguments, but fall short of identifying the truth and solutions to problems.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 12-27-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: 1,302v today