Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
Bill,

This I would disagree with:

From over here, partly as another watches at least ninety minutes of US news and comment each day, only rarely Fox News, I can see a bias. Not the 'far left' though; which I generally apply here to old-style communists and those to their left, mainly the followers of Trotsky.
David,

This is a matter of opinion, it is a fact that mainstream is heavily biased to the left. Fox News is the exception, but is biased to the right and just as dishonest (by not being balanced) as MSNBC. None are more dishonest than CNN. Numerous surveys have findings that have validated this. What left leaning bias means in the U.S. may differ from what left leaning bias means in the UK, so we ultimately may be talking past one another. Keep in mind that the 24 hour junk news channels (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) are not only the only main stream channels, we also have NBC, ABC, and CBS, all of which have to repeatedly retract comments for being inaccurate, but supporting left leaning agendas. I'm a moderate, so I don't identify with either. Frankly I watch mainstream media a lot less now, though have some hope for new ventures like Newsy that are at least attempting to provide unbiased news. We'll see there is actually a market for that at the end of the day.