Thread: Militant black hebrew israelites

Council Member

Default Militant black hebrew israelites

Today in the U.S. we celebrate Martin Luther King Day to honor a man who advocated for Civil Rights through non-violent action. He compelled America to move closer to honoring its founding ideas.

On the oppositive side the coin, we have the Black Hebrew Israelites who embrace a bizarre ideology that extremely racist and anti-semitic. I heard about this group for the first time yesterday and found an informative report on the SLPC website. This group bares watching, especially with the current social trends in the U.S.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...-more-militant

RACIST BLACK HEBREW ISRAELITES BECOMING MORE MILITANT

Around the country, thousands of men and women have joined black supremacist groups on the extremist fringe of the Hebrew Israelite movement, a black nationalist theology that dates back to the 19th century. Its doctrine asserts that African Americans are God's true chosen people because they, not the people known to the world today as Jews, are the real descendants of the Hebrews of the Bible. Although most Hebrew Israelites are neither explicitly racist nor anti-Semitic and do not advocate violence, there is a rising extremist sector within the Hebrew Israelite movement whose adherents believe that Jews are devilish impostors and who openly condemn whites as evil personified, deserving only death or slavery.
    The notorious white supremacist leader Tom Metzger once remarked of extremist Hebrew Israelites, "They're the black counterparts of us." The belief system of extremist Hebrew Israelites is basically the reversed-color mirror image of the Christian Identity theology embraced by many white supremacists . . . .
    Extremist Hebrew Israelites have a long, strange list of enemies. At the top of the list are white people, who they preach are descended from a race of red, hairy beings, known as Edomites, who were spawned by Esau, the twin brother of Jacob (later known as Israel) in the Old Testament. Equally hated are "fraudulent" Jews, "the synagogue of Satan." They're closely followed in no particular order by Asians, promiscuous black women, abortionists, continental Africans (who, according to the extremist Israelites, sold the lost tribes of Israel, who were black, to European slave traders), and gay people, who according to extremist Israelites should all be put to death.
    The fact that it's a quasi-religious movement potentially makes this movement dangerous. Any time an extremist thinks their behavior is endoresed by God, there are no limits to what they may do.

Related to this was the cyber flame-fanning. When CNN claims this account was based in Brazil, I wonder if they made any attempt to confirm or follow it to it's root source.

The account claimed to belong to a California schoolteacher. Its profile photo was not of a schoolteacher, but of a blogger based in Brazil, CNN Business found. Twitter suspended the account soon after CNN Business asked about it.
    The account, with the username @2020fight, was set up in December 2016 and appeared to be the tweets of a woman named Talia living in California. "Teacher & Advocate. Fighting for 2020," its Twitter bio read. Since the beginning of this year, the account had tweeted on average 130 times a day and had more than 40,000 followers.
    But wait - there's more!

Rob McDonagh, an assistant editor at Storyful, a service that vets content online, was monitoring Twitter activity on Saturday morning and said the @2020fight video was the main version of the incident being shared on social media.
    In one indicator of the @2020fight's video's virality, multiple newsrooms, including some national American outlets, reached out to the user asking them directly about the video.
    McDonagh said he found the account suspicious due to its "high follower count, highly polarized and yet inconsistent political messaging, the unusually high rate of tweets, and the use of someone else's image in the profile photo."
    Molly McKew, an information warfare researcher who saw the tweet and shared it herself on Saturday, said she later realized that a network of anonymous accounts were working to amplify the video.
    information warfare researcher is a thing. Huh.

A spokesperson for Twitter told CNN Business, "Deliberate attempts to manipulate the public conversation on Twitter by using misleading account information is a violation of the Twitter Rules."
    CNN Business was unable to reach the person, or people, behind the account, to ask if they were indeed a California schoolteacher that chose to use someone else's picture. Soon after we pointed out on Twitter that the account was using a different woman's profile picture, the account blocked this reporter.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/...ens/index.html
    A scrimmage in a Border Station
    A canter down some dark defile
    Two thousand pounds of education
    Drops to a ten-rupee jezail

http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg

Council Member

I reviewed the book LikeWar by Singer and one other author on LinkedIn, and while I praised the book overall I criticized the point they only provided examples from the far right promoting fake news. Not Singer, but the other other author responded to my post and basically said the far right was the problem, not the left. Clearly no bias there, and obviously this recent case in Washington, D.C. disputes this view. Furthermore, the far left dominates main stream media. I suspect the authors had a job lined up if Mrs. Clinton would have elected. Social media has been a major downer for society writ large.

Bill,

This I would disagree with:
    Furthermore, the far left dominates main stream media.
    From over here, partly as another watches at least ninety minutes of US news and comment each day, only rarely Fox News, I can see a bias. Not the 'far left' though; which I generally apply here to old-style communists and those to their left, mainly the followers of Trotsky.
    davidbfpo

Helps to read what the Far Left says about themselves and their inspirations for the 21st century.
    Note: Mileage may vary between subsects.
    https://jacobinmag.com/2017/05/saul-...sar-chavez-ufw
    A scrimmage in a Border Station
    A canter down some dark defile
    Two thousand pounds of education
    Drops to a ten-rupee jezail

http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    Bill,

This I would disagree with:

From over here, partly as another watches at least ninety minutes of US news and comment each day, only rarely Fox News, I can see a bias. Not the 'far left' though; which I generally apply here to old-style communists and those to their left, mainly the followers of Trotsky.
    David,

This is a matter of opinion, it is a fact that mainstream is heavily biased to the left. Fox News is the exception, but is biased to the right and just as dishonest (by not being balanced) as MSNBC. None are more dishonest than CNN. Numerous surveys have findings that have validated this. What left leaning bias means in the U.S. may differ from what left leaning bias means in the UK, so we ultimately may be talking past one another. Keep in mind that the 24 hour junk news channels (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) are not only the only main stream channels, we also have NBC, ABC, and CBS, all of which have to repeatedly retract comments for being inaccurate, but supporting left leaning agendas. I'm a moderate, so I don't identify with either. Frankly I watch mainstream media a lot less now, though have some hope for new ventures like Newsy that are at least attempting to provide unbiased news. We'll see there is actually a market for that at the end of the day.