Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
Great thoughts, and we're potentially already seeing the One Platform, One Network with Huawei. Perhaps digital hegemony enables economic and political hegemony?

Regarding Zipf’s Law, I add to look up the definition and just reading the definition wasn't helpful. I'll attempt to study it a little more over the weekend to understand its relevance in your argument. Copy on Metcalfe's law, and maybe a passing thought, can we reverse engineer it from a value proposition to a destructive proposition. Rough thought, but turn all the connected nodes against a particular actor. Not sure where I'm going with this, sounds like something your generation could explore more effectively than mine. Keep the ideas coming.

Agreed on digital hegemony perhaps allowing economic/political hegemony.

If given a choice of digital, economic, or political monopoly, I’m increaisngly leaning towards digital as my vote for most valuable.

Zipf’s Law applies to frequency of word useage, regardless of language.

With the most frequently used word being used at roughy twice the rate of the 2nd most frequently used words, etcetera.

I think it can be roughly applied to operating systems such as:

Cloud computing:
Amazon #1
Microsoft #2(half of #1)
Google #3(half again of #2)

Mobile OS:
Android #1
iOS #2 (well less than half of #1)

Desktop OS:
Windows #1
macOS #2(well less than half of #1)
Linux #3(half of #2)

Where I think it may apply here in a geodigital Cold War between opposing superplatform operating systems is that in commercial cases there seems to be far more in the way of dominance than equilibrium.

My thoughts are that Zipf’s Law, if it applies, may be something akin to Thucydides Trap for geodigital networks.

In my fictional scenario, I refer to an “OD-X” partnering with OGA combined under Title 50v2 focused on counter network effects operations.

I find out by the end of the month if US Army Mad Scientist will publish it or not.