Thread: Beijing’s Doctrine on the Conduct of “Irregular Forms of Warfare”

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    If the NSA's responsibility is that widespread, then somebody needs to step up their game.

Have you seen this?

http://idolator.typepad.com/intelfus...ke-fema-i.html
    Yeppers. I read the GAO reports and actually have a paper in process about it and a few other topics. I'm trying to ascertain if they really care. A few pundits are starting to talk about security as "alarmist". Do you ever read IEEE Privacy and Security?
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Default Chinese spies in the West

An analysis of numerous cases leads to the conclusion that China has shifted its tactics in recruiting citizens of Western countries.

By ANDREI CHANG
    HONG KONG, April 18 (UPI) -- China's intelligence agency has reinforced its infiltration activities in Europe, North America, Japan and Russia in recent years.

Beijing has abandoned the traditional approach of ideological persuasion, turning instead to the use of blackmail, women and money -- quite similar to the practices employed by the former Soviet Union's KGB and the former East German Intelligence Agency. A series of "massage salon" incidents involving Japanese diplomats in Beijing and Shanghai are typical examples.

At the same time, the targets of recruitment by Chinese intelligence agents are switching from ethnic Chinese to local personnel of mainstream society who work in core government departments.

There is credible evidence that the large number of community organizations that have emerged in Chinese communities in the United States and Canada are actually receiving financial support from the Chinese embassies and consulates.

Then who do these people really work for? The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Canadian Intelligence Service might find the answer of interest.

Readers of this article can test this for themselves by obtaining the name card of a Chinese journalist or diplomat responsible for education, and calling the office of his or her media or institution in Beijing. After numerous such tests, experiences and observations, this author's conclusion is that the number of Chinese spies who work in the United States and Canada is much larger than the number who worked for the former Soviet KGB.
    Much more at the link...
    If you want to blend in, take the bus