I am new to SWC but I have been designing manual simulation games on irregular warfare generally for a number of years. (Rex, I don't know if you remember me, but we used to play tabletop games at UVic back in the 1980s.)

I'm uncomfortable tooting my own horn, but I thought I would list some of the more applicable ones I've done:

Tupamaro - about the Tupamaro urban guerrillas in Uruguay, 1968-72.

Shining Path - for two players. About the Sendero Luminoso guerrillas in Peru, 1980-???.

Somalia - about the UN intervention there.

Green Beret - on the military situation in the Central Highlands of Vietnam in 1964-5.

Battle of Seattle: A mini-game inspired by the anti-WTO riots in Seattle November 30 - December 3, 1999.

Algeria: On the 1954-62 French colonial struggle, a slightly altered version of this was used by the Counterinsurgency working group at the recent MORS conference on Irregular Warfare.

Greek Civil War: On the 1947-49 civil war, which was actually the third and final act of a conflict that began in 1941. One of the few times a Communist-inspired insurgency was beaten by a Western government.

Here is a link to fuller descriptions of these and other designs: http://islandnet.com/~ltmurnau/text/mygames.htm

Thanks,