Thread: Who are the great generals?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I'd start here. The Vietnam veterans will give you better advice.
    haha! I hoping for something with a little more substance. I guess the argument means Jim McMahon was a great QB

Default Oh, young grasshopper...

Quote Originally Posted by j earl View Post
    haha! I hoping for something with a little more substance. I guess the argument means Jim McMahon was a great QB
    First, as you touched a nerve, the 1985 Bears rocked. McMahon led Steve Dent, Walter Payton, and Refridgerator Perry to victory....As you study this stuff more, you'll realize that it's never about one man.

Second, that song encompasses everything. You just have to learn to listen. No worries brother. When I was your age, my only concern was rugby and women. So, you have a leg up in that department.

As for serious studies, I honestly don't know where to start....Watch We were Soldiers and read Andrew Kreprenevich's The Army and Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Watch We were Soldiers
    I would suggest reading the book as opposed to watching the movie. Much better and only partly because the movie only covers part one of the book. Part two could be an eye opener after the movie and part one.
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD