I’ll bite.

"Bombs Away” LeMay’s belligerence threatened to escalate tense Cold War situations, especially during the Cuban Missile Crisis, into open war (and possible nuclear exchange). I think his mantra of “bomb them back into the Stone Age” still pervades in some Air Force circles (which is not a good thing). While he was an important Air Force general with many kudos (the box formation; low-altitude, nighttime incendiary attacks; Berlin Airlift) he couldn’t see the proper application of strategic air assets and concentrated on strategic bombing as the premier strategic weapon of the US.

Doolittle was only a GO from August of 42 to May of 46 so his impact, other than the fame of leading the Doolittle Raid, was not exceptionally noteworthy.

I think if you’re adding US Air Force generals to the list then Vandenberg, Spaatz, or Arnold would be better choices rather than either LeMay and Doolittle. Or better yet General Buck Turgidson and Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper!

Overall, I think it’s tough to have a blanket list of “great generals” that stretches across 3000+ years. A change to the sight picture, sight alignment might help, i.e. of the US; of WWII; 17th Century; etc.