Thread: FM 3-24 Available in Hard Copy

Default FM 3-24 Available in Hard Copy

From the SWJ Blog - FM 3-24 Available in Hard Copy by John Nagl.

FM 3-24, the new Army/Marine Corps Field Manual, was released on December 15th. It was downloaded more than 1.5 million times in the first month after its posting to the Fort Leavenworth and Marine Corps websites and was widely reviewed, including by several Jihadi websites; copies have been found in Taliban training camps in Pakistan.

It is now for the first time available in hard copy from the University of Chicago Press. This version includes a short new Foreword by an undistinguished member of the writing team and a brilliant introduction by Sarah Sewall of the Carr Center for Human Rights at Harvard University, which sponsored the now-famous vetting conference at Leavenworth in February 2006. Released with a cover price of $15, it is heavily discounted on the web. Best of all, the University of Chicago Press donates a portion of the proceeds from this book to the Fisher House Foundation, a private-public partnership that supports America's military families.

As General Petraeus said, “Surely a manual that’s on the bedside table of the president, vice president, secretary of defense, 21 of 25 members of the Senate Armed Services Committee and many others deserves a place at your bedside too!”

Council Member

FM 3-24 Training Support Package (AKO Log-In Required)

Large zip file, includes a pdf version of the FM and brief readings along with the Flash Player instructional program.

Question about AKO. It says you can get an account if you're affiliated with DHS. What if it is state DHS?
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.