Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I must've retired too early with Tom
Money you say ? In my five tours I've experienced a lifetime of surprises with Clarendon and Bowling, but money was never one of them.

Jokes aside, DIA can and will fair better, her military assests are the best, bar none.

Perhaps I came off a little too optimistic, but my experience tells me a former SSG/E-6 Intelligence Analyst with limited military experience and a high school diploma can walk in the door as a GG-12 maybe even a GG-13, where as I have seen brainiacs with Masters Degrees in Computer Engineering (and similar degrees) be hired on as a mere GG-9 with a certain agency that specializes in that kind of work. The disparity in what they pay for what you bring to the table seems to be in favor of those who hire on with DIA... I have also seen young men and women walk out one for the other to follow the money $$... Of course, the really smart ones take the contract dollars but sacrifice the "security" of Federal Civil Service employment. Then there are those like me who just can't seem to hang-up the uniform and keep on well after 20 for the real "big bucks"