Reading the review of John Robb's Global Guerillas by Frank Hoffman this sounds like an excellent book to help the SWJ community discuss 4GW and other trends and theories about the future of war. It got me thinking so I pitched to Dave Dilegge the idea that we could have a discussion on the SWC with some possible moderation / input possibly by John Robb, Frank Hoffman or one of the folks more familiar with 4GW theory (nobody has signed up for this, so we it might be just those interested in participating).

The key to gettng the most out of this is participation by a wide variety of backgrounds and interests - which is one of the real strengths of the SWC. I just ordered the book off Amazon.com, and its not too expensive. I'll open a thread on the council and start a sign up list - there is no maximum number or anything like that, just sort of feeling out who might be interested.

We'd start once everybody had a book - so say give it to the first full week of June where we'd take it chapter by chapter - or idea by idea. We'd bounce the things put forward like the "bazaar" based off what we're seeing in OIF/OEF, the media, etc.

Any takers?

regards, Rob