View Poll Results: Does the SWJ/SWC make an impact?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It opens my mind to differing opinions and I carry them into my projects/tasks.

15 46.88%
  • Yes...It's good to discuss the tough issues we face in Small Wars, and it's opening eyes.

11 34.38%
  • Yes...I'm convinced that policy-makers take time to pause and consider what eminates from here.

3 9.38%
  • Yes and no...I learn a lot, but our audience is limited to ourselves.

3 9.38%
  • No...There is too much inertia and parochialism that keeps folks' minds closed.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we make a difference?

Thumbs up More kudos for the wagon!

I recommend the forum to our cadets (with mixed success) and to fellow students (again...not sure of success there), and will continue to do so. Having an open forum where many educated viewpoints (both book educated and experience educated) can come together can only result in more good work being done. Kudos yet again to Dave and Bill for providing this great thing for us!
    "On the plains and mountains of the American West, the United States Army had once learned everything there was to learn about hit-and-run tactics and guerrilla warfare."
    T.R. Fehrenbach This Kind of War

Dave and Bill certainly ARE fantasmagorical. Feel free to carry on in that vein.

But it is often said that it is better to be lucky than good, and that we have been.

While we are passing the kudos in this thread, let me extend OUR gratitude to:
    • Our exceptionally level-headed and diligent moderators at SWC.
    • All of our authors who've contributed original works to SWJ Magazine, or allowed reprints.
    • The many folks that send us content.
    • The folks that support us directly and help take the edge off.
    • All of you who spread the good word about the site. Keep spreading. It matters.
    • The great and curious minds that have gathered here at SWC, and continue to advance our collective knowledge and our individual learning.
    OK. Let's move along. There's lots to be done.