View Poll Results: Does the SWJ/SWC make an impact?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...It opens my mind to differing opinions and I carry them into my projects/tasks.

15 46.88%
  • Yes...It's good to discuss the tough issues we face in Small Wars, and it's opening eyes.

11 34.38%
  • Yes...I'm convinced that policy-makers take time to pause and consider what eminates from here.

3 9.38%
  • Yes and no...I learn a lot, but our audience is limited to ourselves.

3 9.38%
  • No...There is too much inertia and parochialism that keeps folks' minds closed.

0 0%

Thread: Do we make a difference?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do we make a difference?

It helps if you can acknowledge something other then a singular point of view. The SWJ forum is superb for that (and people know it) because it provides a very public discourse on a wide range of tough, relevant issues by professionals with a diverse background and experience range.
    This statement by Mr. Thornton brought me to a question I've been asking myself for some time, and that is what (if any) impact the SWJ/SWC is making on the discourse about Small Wars.

The poll doesn't aspire to capture all the possible responses, but inquiring minds want to know...

My going-in position is that the efforts put forth here make an impact that is more wide-ranging than we can possibly know...mostly because many power players who drift by and rub their chin for a while are actually afraid to admit it.
    Last edited by jcustis; 05-28-2007 at 01:00 AM.