Thread: Iraq's Thermal Brigades

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Iraq's Thermal Brigades

I almost never post hotlinks, but this is important for you meat-eaters out there. Not sure if it is a new tactic, but it doesn't matter. If you haven't heard about or seen this tactic, take heed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKBTN-mBY4U

All the more reason why I tell Marines every day that you have to respect the enemy for his moments of daring...or he will jack your stuff up.

When I was in Tikrit in Apr '03 a teenager threw a sheaf of paper at my turret. It honestly feaked me out because I didn't see it coming at all, and he'd been standing right on the road shoulder.

Stop and think about it..how many times have you driven past some IZs on the road and just been glad there wasn't an abandoned car on the shoulder. We've come to connect the presence of people with less of a likelihood that an IED will go off. Gotta rethink it again, eh?...

One of the immediate downsides of the M1114 series, and probably MRAVs as well.

edited: If you look closely, you can see drogue chutes deploying from the end. There's a warsaw pact handheld AT grenade IIRC that does that.
    Last edited by jcustis; 05-31-2007 at 02:50 AM.