Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COIN training

Default Part two

Jed, I just got home so here is part two of my response.

1-as usual thanks for the web sites. I was already reading FAMG old issues where they used the CARVER targeting technique in soldier delivered information operations in Kosovo, very interesting. I am still finishing the info on DIAG again very interesting.

2-I don't mean we should slap on a US style LE operation and think everything will work. I do think LE skills should be added to company commanders and below for them to use as they see fit based upon the situation.

3-Just because anti-gang units didn't work does not mean there aren't LE ops thet are very sucessfull. In fact the more successfull the less publicity they get. R.O.T.(retake our turff) was used extensively in the south, result no major gang activity, only a few so called baby gang bangers are left. later.

Default Shek

Yes, I can see where communicating is critical. But you are exactly the kind of person who would get alot out of LE training. You showed excellant street smarts when you noticed a helmet and weapon can be non verbal barriers to communication. I had and old and wise training officer tell me to always take my hat and sunglasses off when I talk to people if the situation was non threatening. Made a big difference at times.