Looking through so many of the threads in the topics given, it seems to me that we haven't discussed the fact that the center of gravity for Iraq has shifted from Iraq to the U.S.
When that happened, I don't know exactly, but it seems that the only ones who can beat us at this point are the U.S. media, politicians, and organizations which are left of center.
All of the discussions are excellent on how we can do a better job of fighting in Iraq or wherever our next small war will be, but all of it could be for naught if we don't figure out how to keep the American people in the fight.

I understand why the tide turned at home for the French in Algeria, for the Israeli's in Lebanon, and for us during Vietnam, but not why it turned against us in Iraq. Any thoughts?

Why is the media inherently left of center and how do we do a better job of getting out the other side of the story?

If the Public Affairs office is broken at the Pentagon, how do we fix it?

Given that the nature of a democracy allows and encourages open discussions, opinions, freedom of speech, etc does this mean that from now on the left leaning organizations which set the news agenda for the majority of news groups to be consumed by a majority of the public will always undermine every Small War that comes along and inevitably doom us to loss at home?

Will those groups only fail to undermine U.S. attempts to defeat its enemies when the circumstances are the most dire and/or after repeated attacks on us in CONUS? (Obviously the need to fight a GWOT is not dire to them at this point).