Thread: Iraq maps

Banned

Default Iraq maps

For personal use

GMap
    For Garmin GPS recievers, laptops & PDAs w/ Garmin software installed(this little bugger saved my ass a couple of times-when MTS and BFT/FBCB2 failed this prevailed)

Maptech
    For laptops & PDAs

Both are made by LeadDog Consulting

Google Earth
    Download and toy around with up to date sattelite imagery-Impressive resolution. Subscribe to the Google Earth Plus and add GPS tracking capability

DDilegge

Default Interesting Take on Google Earth

Google Satellite Photos Worry India Leader

"Indian President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam expressed concern Saturday about a free mapping program from Google Inc., warning it could help terrorists by providing satellite photos of potential targets."

"Google Earth, an Internet site launched in June this year, allows users to access overlapping satellite photos. Although not all areas are highly detailed, some images are very high resolution, and some show sensitive locations in various countries."

Council Member

The Israelis should be up and shouting too, considering that they have worked hard for restrictions on satelite imagery of their country from getting into the hands of 'the other party(ies)'.

Martin

Banned

Yup,
    Go to their message board. Look up the military section Members post locations of Iranian gun emplacements, Chinease military bases, US cruse missiles(while in flight BTW!), Hind helicopters, nuclear subs, ect.... Pretty cool.

Default GPS Receivers

Thoughts on personal GPS's that I may buy online and take over w/me? Are the Rino's w/radios causing problems over there? Thx.