Quote Originally Posted by arty8 View Post
I'm a squad leader in Iraq and here's what I learned in the past 10 months. Your choice of lube is easy--As of Dec 06, per TACOM, the only authorized small arms lube in Iraq is CLP. Although I've used just about everything else, including MILTECH, CLP is the gold standard and readily available.

Advice on how much lube for the M4's is available. In the manual. You really don't have to dump a gallon of CLP into the action to get it to work. For magazines, take them apart monthly and clean, the dirt really does get everywhere. Letting the springs rest is poppycock. I started the war with new mags and except for cleaning, kept them loaded the entire tour so far. I always load 30 rounds in my mags.

Muzzle caps keep crud out of the bore and are invaluable. Keep weapons cleaning supplies and break free by the arms room and make the crews wipe them down before they turn them in. My soldiers don't sleep until the crew served and personal weapons are clean after a patrol.

Carl, It don't get any better than that. Straight forward from a NCO on the ground. Although this part you may want to hold off (My soldiers don't sleep until the crew served and personal weapons are clean after a patrol.) As a contractor, they may duck tape you to the AC on the next mission

Send me that email, I will get you some additional info