Gentleman:

I request some information from you all.

Here in country the company I am working for a company that issues weapons to the crews when we go out and fly. We turn them in at the end of the flight. They are common weapons assigned to all and seemingly maintained by none. The lack of cleaning (read none) I can take care of I think, but I need advice with some other things. When I was an officer, I was able to zero and maintain my own weapons (AR-15, Glock 31 and 12 ga.) in my environment but here, I could use some help.

My questions are:

1. What is the best way to set up the sights on an M-4 when the weapons will be used by a large group at random and the group is always changing? (I would like to set it up to use the large apeture)

2. How much or little should I lube the M-4? In the past I would put a coat of Break Free on moving parts then wipe it off, leaving a very thin coat. I would put a heavier coat on the bolt, inside the bolt carrier and the lugs. Will that work here?

3. In LE we loaded the 30 round mags to 28 and the 20 round mags to 18. Does that still hold?

4. All the mags, pistol and M-4, were loaded months ago and haven't been touched since. Should I load, unload them, how often etc? (the pistols are Sig 228s by the way).

Anything else you can suggest would be most helpful and appreciated.