Thread: John Robb's description of who we are fighting

Council Member

Default John Robb's description of who we are fighting

I am not talking about the diff. groups (which he mentions at some point in the book).
    In the preface (xv) he states they are:
    open-source, system-disrupting, transnational crime-fueled sons of global fragmentation
    I personally think this is a great way of putting it, a very specific def'n.
    Is this a fair description?
    Should anything be added or removed (ie decentralized? As well they are usually Muslims currently but in the future who knows)?

Council Member

Default What does it really say?

open-source, system-disrupting, transnational crime-fueled sons of global fragmentation
    Although Rob's description has utility, I think it illogically applies every insurgent and terrorist attack to this category. Not every terrorist organization or insurgency is a response to globalism. For lack of a better word, traditional terrorists organizations and insurgencies still exist, and it could dangerously misleading to place every group in this category. Dangerous in that it could lead to a improper response. Non the less, once you get past Robb's ego, he makes some very interesting and helpful observations.