Thread: Women in Islamist Movements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Actually, your immature, smarmy sarcasm you implied when you said "And we all know that sex before marriage is wrong!" is what I'm keying on. Frankly, it is not something that belongs on SWC.
    Fine, you can take people who think they will go to hell for sex before marriage but go to heaven for killing other people by killing themseleves seriously. To me these people are so stupid that sarcasm is the best response.

Actually, I'm arguing that cultural dispersion in sexual practices is way overblown by those with political axes to grind.
    How so? Ever read kinsey? If anything it is the reverse, you try and fit the human sexual experince into a nice little box. You should read some ethnographies or history.

Are you suggesting that sexual reproduction is "un-natural"\
    No of course not. I just deal with a lot of people who are ignorant enough to think that monogamy and hetrosexuality are natural.

I'm doing just fine observing how animals interact
    Besides the fact that large numbers of animals are bisexual and not monogamous what in the world do animals have to do with human sexuality?

while those who appear to be the happiest are those who ascribe to more traditional Judeo/Christian/Islamic mores.

In addition, I am doing a life-long empirical experiment
    Okay, so you did sex councilling or whatever, and you dealt with people who were either non-monogamous and non-hetrosexual and were unhappy. And from that you drew empirical evidence?

Yeah the mores of the monotheist religion make people happy......

Im sure the friends and family of christian people who killed themselves because they are attracted to the same sex are really happy.....

but then he shouldnt have killed himself right? just not had sex?
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 07-19-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Edited out insulting comments.