Thread: Women in Islamist Movements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by FascistLibertarian View Post
    Dont be silly Tacitus and SteveMetz.
    Premarital sex is a sin!
    you wouldnt want that to stop you getting into paradise after you kill some innocent women and children.
    You overlook the possibility that pre-marital sex is forbidden in many cultures for practical reasons. The "modern western" view that the sex organs are a form of home entertainment system ignores the purpose they actually serve and is socially destructive. In this, I understand perfectly why the radical islamist feels the need to defend their society by attacking us.

I will not comment on killing innocent women and children, as I think it is a straw man and doesn't belong here, but I do not think that if we can only get a bunch of Arab men laid, that it will stop the fighting.

Now, if Van der Dennen is correct, better chances for reproduction within the societal construct would lessen the strident nature of Violent Islamic Fundamentalism.

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    You overlook the possibility that pre-marital sex is forbidden in many cultures for practical reasons. The "modern western" view that the sex organs are a form of home entertainment system ignores the purpose they actually serve and is socially destructive. In this, I understand perfectly why the radical islamist feels the need to defend their society by attacking us.
    Thing is, it's just prohibited for daughters, not for sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post
    Thing is, it's just prohibited for daughters, not for sons.
    I disagree. To a certain extent, mating is controlled by the female (rape, of course, is a male tactic to circumvent female control of sexual reproduction. It appears to be in the male's best interest, biologically, to "spread the seed", but if the male wants his offspring to survive and more than just genetic codification to be passed on, a certain amount of monogamy/polygamy becomes necessary. Male protection of mate and offspring then defeats random "seed spreading" in a competitive environment.

Edited to add: In the insular society where I was raised, there was no such double standard. Gentlemen did not "take advantage" of Ladies, ESPECIALLY when they were vulnerable, sexually.
    Last edited by 120mm; 07-14-2007 at 07:37 AM.