Didn't see this the first time around. A coupla things stand out (to me)

Grad school -- great idea, BUT the Army sees grad school as an investment. When I went, the AERB payback was 3 years additional service commitment for every 1 year of school, one year of commitment being served during each school year. So, yeah, it's easy to end up with a commitment through the 13th year of service. I don't see the Army changing that process, that's what the GI Bill is for.

Changing theaters -- For "fairness" in purely "kinetic" (unauthorized term) operations, this concept makes sense. But we're fighting counterinsurgency battles. If we're serious about cultural anthropology, this probably won't work, quite aside from the math problems outlined above. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are very different and require different ROE, among other considerations. The more you go back to the same area, the more you are likely to make progress among the local population.

MiTTs -- Give them all the incentives we can find. They are the wave of the present AND the future. We need the best and the brightest, and need ways to ensure that we get them.