Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
Not at all. That is the ultimate step. Depending on the severity of the fight, armies will graduate the penalties they mete out but they can always take that ultimate step. Every army I've read about did that, kill their deserters, depending upon how hard the fight was.
Nonsense.
The quote was clearly in a context implying that such extreme punishments without due trial were commonplace. Now you're moving goalposts and talk about what some of the most extreme armies did at their worst times.

At best you used a hyperbole, now you're defending it as if it was a sensible statement.

Here's another piece of nonsense of yours

I do know the difference between Southwest Airlines and the military is nobody at Southwest can order you to die and you can quit anytime you want and they won't put you against the wall and shoot you for desertion.
See? "military". Not 'extreme dictatorship's military that's desperate because it's losing badly', no "ultimate step" stuff or anything like that. You contrasted civilian jobs with military jobs in general.

You do realize we can still read, copy&paste what you wrote? How could you possibly think you could get away with this incoherent counter-factual nonsense?

To serve in a military which readily shoots its own men because of whatever is clearly different from working in a non-military job in a Western democracy.
But so is working as a civilian in that military's country, too.

P.S.: Nobody in a military "can order you to die".

P.S.2: I've been in here for what? Six years? And there are still people who want to pull off the most simple rhetoric tricks like moving goalposts on me? Don't you guys make any notes?