Hi,

I was wondering what people think are the equivalent(s) (if any) to USNI Proceedings. I think of AWC Parameters and NWC Review as roughly comparable, to each other, but not to Proceedings; Military Review is less abstract and wide-ranging than each of the three publications already named. Without going through the various other publications, I think of Proceedings as arguably unique with respect to how varied its content - in terms of article length, topics covered, viewpoints published, etc. - is.

I don't ask purely out of curiosity - I'm trying to write a paper on how bureaucracies respond to challenges (such as the collapse of the USSR, or the encroachment represented by Goldwater-Nichols). As such, I'm thinking of using Proceedings as a source for what "the Navy" (yes, I know, it is not a monolith) "thought" about those challenges. I'll probably compare the Navy to one or more of the other services. If people could identify what they thought of as similar publications along some of the dimensions named, that would be very helpful.

And while as noted above, I'm not asking out of curiosity, perhaps the relative merits and features of the various publications might prove interesting fodder for posting.

Regards
Jeff