and stopped taking things personally a great many years ago, however, being Scotch Irish I do tend to react to the slightest sign of hesitation, reluctance, intransigence, condescension, dismissal, surliness or hostility; any or all the foregoing -- and perceived or real -- quickly and with a greater amount. Sorry, it's genetic, can't help it. Even revel in it...

And being doubly retired, I have the time to indulge in tilting at windmills, even more so than Don Q O and Sancho H. I indulge myself by doing that here because a lot of the guys who might are still working for a living and don't have time to do it. Not that I claim to be speaking for any of them.

You aren't the only one here that IMO has misconstrued Captain Kelly. It's possible that I think otherwise simply because he and I are probably close to the same age and he speaks of a world he and I know and that those who (again IMO) misconstrue what he said have only read about. No slam that, honestly, just a thought.

Regardless, the important thing is that most everyone in uniform does what needs to be done when it needs to be done. Most also try to do the right thing and make sure others do so as well. That's what makes the company we keep better than most.

I guess we've flayed this horse enough; let's go find another...