Hey Tony,
Sorry, took a break for Dinner
Before I answer your questions below, I'd now like a tad bit of clarity from your first post.

Which was:
Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hoh View Post
Turn off the generators, put every American FOB, JCOP, embassy, etc on the local grid. We could solve this in a month
Sorry, but I may have misunderstood what exactly you were saying, as it turns out you are now agreeing with me (to get involved and not shut the National Grid down.

Err, what ?

Ok Stan,
Obviously you have an extensive knowledge of electricity, an forgive my lack of expertise, but would not the national grid be comprised of these local power stations and sub stations that you referred to?

For your reference:
http://www.energymanagertraining.com...ower_Grids.htm

Whether it is a transmission substation, power plant, or high voltage transmission line they are interconnected.
I thought I just said that ? But, you're indeed correct, the system was designed to work with everything attached, if you will.

If they are not interconnected than I believe that it reinforces my point that we should get involved.
Sorry, I didn't get the impression you were advocating direct involvement, rather a shut down. My Bad !

I feel this deals with perception, if I had more electricty under a previous regieme and less now. What is wrong now.

Yes absolutly, let them watch T.V. sit in air conditionaing and "chill" (pardon the pun) out.
Well, not only perception, they've had power failures since the mid-80s. OK, it's not fair to say that they are 'adjusted' and no longer need help.

I think we could agree the refugee crisis is made, especially if we asked Iran, Jordan, or Syria. Perhaps restoring basic services could be a way to entice people back home.
I believe you sit next to an individual who can tell you about Operation Support Hope(less). Restoration of 'normal' and just how fast those 800,000 returned.

Never knew Jesus Christ to be a Corporal.

Best to you as well,
Tony
Forgive me, that's a very old Army expression from the early 70s that I refuse to give up. There's plenty more where that came from

Take care, Stan