I cannot help but to wonder where this odd sympathy with Russia, that one encounters so often in America, comes from - here in Germany it is just the same. Speaking of Germany and just out of interest...was there ever any similiar sympathy for this country in America? I can't remember that there was overly much worry about how the Germans being humiliated after, let's say WWI (Germany lost all its colonies and a sixth of its territory after that one, not to speak of the right to maintain an army with which it could defend itself - how the Russians would scream if anyone would do that to them).
Try looking up the German-American Bund...as for post WWI, yes there was but it got lost in alienation toward Europe in general as captured in the failure to accept Wilsonian ideas on the League of Nations

And there was certainly not the slightest bit of compassion for Germany after WWII, no thought was wasted in America that the German people has a right to have some power or only a basic national souvereignity. After WWII, Germany lost another quarter of its territory, around 15 million Germans were ethnically cleansed from Eastern Europe, with somewhere between 1 and 2 million of them being killed (while America, the alleged eternal defender of the oppressed and the only nation with nuclear bombs at the time, stood idly by), the rest was divided up between the victors and even those parts were not allowed full souvereignity until reunification in the early nineties. And yet no one was worried that the Germans could feel offended. Why is that?
Opinion hardly factual and not even close to the mark in history. Germany lost. The West including the US, Brits, the French, and others helped Germany rebuild. Meanwhile this thing called the Cold War started ohh, about 1945 with the USSR. I don't think that you would find anyone in the USin the 1950s who thought Stalin was any different than say Hitler. But in 1941, Hitler made Stalin an ally to the West when he turned against him.

I would suggest you present your opinions as such without the hyperbole. I would agree with a good deal yoiu had to say regarding Russian expansionism. But when you get into the lecture mode as above, you lose the audience and the ice under you is getting thinner. Your slanted use of history undermines the points you were supposedly trying to make. Since you decided to weigh in in such a fashion, go here and introduce yourself.

Tom