Thread: The Former-Insurgent Counterinsurgency

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Are we SURE who killed Abu Risha

Related to the topic:

When I first heard that Abu Risha, the now famous Anbar shiek, was murdered I had a feeling it could very well have been done by elements of the Central Gov't who wanted to eliminate a powerful potential rival.

All the news treats Al Queda as the known killer. How solid is this?

The Islamic State in Iraq, AQI's political front in Iraq, claimed the assassination on al-Hesbah, a takfiri web forum. Thusfar AFAIK this claim has not been rescinded or refuted by AQI.

You probably want to post an introduction in this part of the forum.

Council Member

Our side could never flip Sadr. Fracture the madhi army with in-house fights and power vacums by killling Sadr, once Iran is attacked, and most of the fractured groups will align with the central government knowing nobody will have anything once the US footprint is reduced to a toeprint on their land. When Shi'ites centrally align in the prescribed, non-tribal, Constitutional way, the Sunnis will follow. Iran is the key and the price Iran must pay for wanting to be a nuke player is the literal destruction of their dreams. If they want to lash out over it visa-via causing us serious trouble in Iraq, then they face serious retribution against their infrastructure and they know it. This threat of additional destruction is the key to forcing Ahmadenijad out of power as well. It's the rules - we will not continue to pump billions into that part of the planet nor will Iran be allowed equal footing with the the Gulf. There can be only one hand on that big oil faucet over there.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by tequila View Post
    The Islamic State in Iraq, AQI's political front in Iraq, claimed the assassination on al-Hesbah, a takfiri web forum. Thusfar AFAIK this claim has not been rescinded or refuted by AQI.

You probably want to post an introduction in this part of the forum.
    Thanks.

I thought the MOI might have done it because of their immediate promise to send their (mainly shiite) forces to "Help" the anbar sunnis fight Al Queda, but I guess they were just quick to seize a golden opportunity.