Quote Originally Posted by gute View Post
Topics, topics, topics. For me the topics I have interest in seem to have been discussed and there is not much more to add. For example I find the topics in the trigger puller threads to be of interest, but you guys hit that stuff years ago. Personally, I don't find most of the other topics of much interest, not even the law enforcement stuff and I'm a cop (kind of).

I know some of the well known members quit visiting/participating because of the quality of participants (hopefully I'm not one of "those people") and the focus of the site, topics.

All I know is I greatly appreciate this site and the members who started it. This site is my Facebook, Twitter and IG all wrapped into one.
It does seem we're often kicking a dead horse. I also agree with whoever wrote that the quality of the articles overall are going down, and if peer review was mandated SWJ would return to it original quality level articles. All too often we see long articles posted that are poorly articulated arguments to no discernible end. It is these authors that tend to be the most sensitive to critical reviews/comments. We also seemed to have morphed into two camps (those that are critical of COIN and those who are die hard supporters), which means we're about as dysfunctional as Congress when it comes to promoting balanced solutions for future defense policy designers.

Despite all the criticisms and the loss of some of our post valued participants it is still the most relevant blog on Small Wars and related topics that I have found.