Thread: Recruiting for SWC members because....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    I have a troll (or two) on my blog's comments section who calls me anti-American for it.
    To be fair, you did tell me well in advance that your blog was not pro-USA. I didn't find your blog entries to be overtly negative however.

If all the non-anglophones refuse to participate we will be left with you and JMA
    If you want to blend in, take the bus

My blog is pro-USA, it's just not pro-USA methods.

It's actually pro-every-country.
    There's no reason to be against any country, but there are reasons to disagree with what countries tend to do, and this includes the own one.

In regard tot he USA and UK; I'm concerned that they're both problem and conflict generators and my country is way too close to them to tolerate this silently. "We" have had our historical dosage of allies pulling "us" (=our ancestors) into crappy situations - we don't need a repetition of that.

Israel is different; it creates conflict as well, but it's distant enough politically (no formal ally) and thus I don't care about its effects so much.

Same for Iran, which does not appear to radiate any problems our way (actually, Germany has a quite good reputation in Iran and is not being considered a foe or threat by Iranians afaik).

Couldn't care less about East Asia, for its conflicts certainly don't radiate to my country unless we work hard and stupidly on getting involved.

You are taking this far too seriously

We are supposed to create a friendly environment where other foreigners would join the fold (council) and then we hammer them in opposition even if they are right

With that, I'm going to leave you with a picture. This should make it clear why being involved with demining is so much fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

Default Lots of ordinance shown, Stan...

just lots of ordinance.

Suuri ruumis - ja taistelussa hotellipoijassa ! Sotilan marka unelma ...

BTW: All the computers are now working. But, I still can't do umlauts in SWC posts. You'll get it anyway.

Regards

Mike

Default Ordnance without and "i"

Hei Mika !
    Älkää uneksiko nuoresta miehestä

What I found is that after previewing and/or posting when you realize that the umlauts are missing, you hit "edit" and put the umlauts back and they stay for some reason. My Finnish is so bad that it may be easier without the umlauts.

This must be why all the foreigners won't post

Regards, Stan

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    just lots of ordinance.

Suuri ruumis - ja taistelussa hotellipoijassa ! Sotilan marka unelma ...

BTW: All the computers are now working. But, I still can't do umlauts in SWC posts. You'll get it anyway.

Regards

Mike

Council Member

Default I'll try your quote as a test

Test:

from Stan:
    lk uneksiko nuoresta miehest
    above after cut & paste, preview and post.

from Stan:
    älkää uneksiko nuoresta miehestä
    above after edit.

Regards

Mike
    Last edited by jmm99; 11-29-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Council Member

Default Followup

But, that good result occurs only if I use the basic Edit. If I Go Advanced, the umlauts are wiped out again.

Nonetheless, for a good deed done, you deserve at the least a virtual present - something that every "young man" should have:

Keeps the bad dreams out and lets the good dreams in.

Originally an Ojibwe thing (asabikeshiinh, bawaajige nagwaagan), my wife has one similar to the one above hanging in the front door.

Regards

Mike