Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
My complaint isn't about the system bringing me down. Like I said, the required Marinenet PTP courses are easily bypassed so no unit training time is wasted. I advised Strategic LT to do as such. The quality of the Marinenet training is a tangent, the point is: prac app, prac app, prac app. To expect the Marinenet slide shows to produce effectively trained Marines is simply ludicrous, the only way to ingrain the covered skills is through effective, practical unit training. Since Marinenet does nothing to contribute to this, subjects covered by Marinenet need to be retaught by the Marine's unit. Teach it once as a unit, reinforce as needed, and don't waste time staring at a box.

As for my team, I can't take credit for it since I'm not in charge but we just finished up DMOC. Who would you rather have working on your injury in a fire fight? My Lance Corporal and I who did a real life surgical tracheotomy on a live patient in less than 90 seconds yesterday or a soldier or Marine who cycled through Marinenet First Aid slides in between games of solitaire and repeated viewings of break.com videos
I think in your disdain and contempt for Marinenet you missed jcustis' point. It's the tasks that are important, not whether or not Marinenet is used. The bottom line is are your Marines/Soldiers trained properly for success on the modern battlefield? And at the end of the day did you aid in their training or impede it?

PTP is the same thing as FORSCOM training guidance; a list of mandatory classes before deployment. That's what jcustis was talking about, not the damnable computer program.