View Poll Results: What is Charles Schumer doing?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's absolutely right about the effectiveness of the Surge.

3 11.11%
  • He's completely wrong.

9 33.33%
  • He firmly and honestly believes this position.

6 22.22%
  • This is the official position of the Democratic Party on the Surge.

7 25.93%
  • He'll say anything that is the antithesis of POTUS' position.

14 51.85%
  • He's lost his mind.

6 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Charlie Schumer - does he get it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Charlie Schumer - does he get it?

SEN Charlie Schumer spoke this past week on Iraq and his impressions of the Surge:

And let me be clear, the violence in Anbar has gone down despite the surge, not because of the surge. The inability of American soldiers to protect these tribes from al Qaeda said to these tribes we have to fight al Qaeda ourselves. It wasn't that the surge brought peace here. It was that the warlords took peace here, created a temporary peace here. And that is because there was no one else there protecting.
    Last edited by RTK; 09-08-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    Example is better than precept.

Not much left to say following this

The Democrats have the same view of the military that they do of all Americans. The average American, according to the liberal view, cannot make it on their own without government programs, regulation or control. The same holds true for the military. They cannot possibly get it right if they are led by a conservative commander-in-chief.
    Jeez, hope he never gets elected !

RTK, why do you get to vote twice ?

Default RTK gets to vote twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Not much left to say following this
    Jeez, hope he never gets elected !

RTK, why do you get to vote twice ?
    ... because he is from Chicago .

I don't know how he did that - Bill and I can't vote twice and we have full admin control on the site. Will see if we have a glitch here or if Ryan is the hacker we all suspected he was.
    Last edited by SWJED; 09-08-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWJED View Post
    ... because he is from Chicago .

I don't know how he did that - Bill and I can't vote twice and we have full admin control on the site. Will see if we have a glitch here or if Ryan is the hacker we all suspected he was.
    Cause I marked it as a multiple choice poll. You can have more than one answer the one and only time you vote.

I'm not from Chicago, but I am fluent with their way of politics and business...
    Example is better than precept.

Default Duh...

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    Cause I marked it as a multiple choice poll. You can have more than one answer the one and only time you vote.

I'm not from Chicago, but I am fluent with their way of politics and business...
    I feel foolish, not for missing the multiple choice option, but for listening to Stan .

Council Member

Default Not a single decent candidate!

Being from New York I am sick that we can not get a single descent candidate Republican or otherwise. The GOP just wants a protest, no shot in hell, candidate. They aren't willing to support a real candidate. They forget that New York isn't a heavy blue state. On a state level if Pataki hadn't hit a term limit he'd still be in office. Republicans control the state assembly. The GOP just refuses to get along with NY Republicans. We're Conservatives. Not neo-conservative, not progressive conservatives not post-conservatives. All I can say about Schumer is that he used to be a decent senator. Also, atlest he isn't Hillary. She is not a New Yorker neither in the state of city sense. If Guilliani hadn't had prostate cancer he would have been the candidate and she wouldn't have had a shot in hell. Sorry, I'm on a soapbox. For your information I'm acually an independent. Atleast for now.

Please, don't blame all New York's people for our senators?
    Last edited by Adam L; 09-08-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: improvement

My fundamental problem with Senator Schumer's assertion is the "thought" behind it: "It was that the warlords took peace here, created a temporary peace here. And that is because there was no one else there protecting." No one else protecting? The U.S. mission is not to distribute fish, it is to inspire the locals to fish for themselves. Security and the rule of law are participatory, not spectator sports. The very idea of "warlords" reluctantly forced to act because their people weren't properly protected by infidels is silly. A comparison & contrast led to this "flip." Enlightened self-interest is at the center of progress in Anbar and it is also the fundamental motivation for many politicians' views on war.
    Last edited by Hownowcow; 09-09-2007 at 11:48 PM.
    David H. "Cow" Gurney
    Colonel, USMC (Ret.)
    Senior Fellow, National Defense University
    Editor, Joint Force Quarterly