Troufion, man I just love this, this is some strategic mofooking stuff you got. Being a member of the old Fokker's battalion I can tell you that something like this was done in Germany after WW2. A little different but they put up Quonset huts with coal burning stoves and some of the first chemical toilets ever made. They dropped them off in some of the bombed out cities and people lived in them while they rebuilt the actual city with funds from the Marshall plan.

This is also similar to the Enclave Strategy that General Gavin and others were pushing for during the Senator Fullbright hearings on Vietnam in 1966. It was different from the Strategic Hamlet program in the since that they were going to build fortified enclaves from US1 to the coast of Vietnam which is where most of the population was.

I also think that any program like this must be tied to economic viability otherwise it will be a long term financial drain which could end up causing another relocation to be near their jobs. One option maybe to build them along the Oil pipeline infrastructure since pretty much all jobs will be tied to Oil production some way. It would also be a good way to protect the infrastructure. Protect your on rice bowl so to speak. More later.