I dont necessarily see the connection, though I do see the need to NOT do the same things that followed in reservations. The resettlement should be voluntary. This is why I push prefab housing, it could be modern , clean, the village would have its own POWER grid-meaning AC, Lights, and running CLEAN water. Prefab laundry facilites, a community center with an AUDIO VISUAL suite and satelite tv capacity, cellular phone repeater, etc.

I know you say no way to costly. I once again offer Syria as the test. Syria estimates 1 Billion to pay for one year of current refugee support. 1 Billion buys a lot of prefab buildings and amenites. A village of 100 homes a community center, police station/barracks, clinic, laundry, with power and water treatment laid out on concrete slabs, with a paved or gravel road net, and perhaps a protective chain link fence (approximatley 130-150 buildings) with delivery and installation would cost in the realm of (this is a swag for argument sake). 20 Million US. The BILLION dollars from Syria would go a long way to building these Villages.