Quote Originally Posted by marct View Post
Yup. It's actually built right into fairly standard phenomenology. Take a look at Peter Berger's work (e.g. The Sacred Canopy).
Oh thank God you didn't behead me. I was so annoyed with myself yesterday for making that question too quickly. I did think about this, but I do think that I should read up on the details and foundations for the "mapping" from the adherents' viewpoint. I'll pick up The Sacred Canopy. May I ask if it is Structure Mapping you are referring too? I have only heard it mentioned in regards to a small post about metaphors.

<truly evil grin>Well, I could send you a copy of my dissertation ( ).
Please do! E-mail or snail mail? PM for details if you are serious.

No sweat . As far as personal methodologies are concerned, there are so many of them it's almost ridiculous! It does, however, seem to all boil down to using personalized symbol systems as a "user interface" to reprogram individual level neurology.
Right. I have a theory about this.

Sure, although we may want to move this entire part of the CoG thread over into the "personal rant" area of the members only forum since we are now totally off topic.

Marc
I would argue that we are now going off topic from this thread, but we are discussing the foundations for force transformation in regards to a changing environment. Highly relevant.

Okay, so I'm a nerd. Ranting done. Returning to regular schedule.

Martin