Thread: Paper and COIN: Exploiting the Enemy's Documents

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

marct,

Only DOCEX I got from non-US forces was the Brits and Kiwis, and that was only because I made the effort to go up to MeS and Bamiyan and ask. Most national units, if they did document collection, evacuated via their own national intel chains. Best docex stuff I got from non-US, aside from the previously mentioned, was when I "acquired" about 2,000 UN intel reports (long story, buy my book some day).
    That was in Afghanistan.
    In Iraq, the Brits were an integral part of the DOCEX process in ISG, as were the Aussies. However, the Brits provided analysts and tech personnel, the Aussies provided engineers who wanted to kick doors down and kill bad guys. Each were valuable in their own way.
    In the Horn of Africa, DOCEX was very sparse and done poorly. Best folks there were the Germans, they just handed what they got over to me. Don't even get me started on the French. Of course, they aren't as bad as a few US ambassadors, who were very "anti-military," especially if it was the US military.
    Now I'm up to four cents.

Webfoot

As for Aranas, yes, I was armed. And angry. However, I had some FBI types with me so I knew I would have gotten in trouble.
    Last edited by Webfoot; 09-27-2007 at 05:29 PM.