Thread: SS Advisor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Les is a national treasure when it comes to Afghanistan.

He once got lost between my house in DeRidder and Fort Polk for some 3 hours--went almost over to Beaumont and then Alexandria. Something of a record I think.

I got your award--need snail mail address. Send it via PM or email. And yes I want someone there to present it so it cannot be your address...

Best

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    Les is a national treasure when it comes to Afghanistan.

He once got lost between my house in DeRidder and Fort Polk for some 3 hours--went almost over to Beaumont and then Alexandria. Something of a record I think.

Best

Tom
    I read several of his FMSO/CALL publications. One of my favorites was Artillery and Counterinsurgency: The Soviet Experience in Afghanistan

That said, seems funny that an individual who wrote in grave detail about Soviet arty got lost finding your house.

For anyone else interested, there's a virtual ton of FMSO/CALL products here

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    I got your award--need snail mail address. Send it via PM or email. And yes I want someone there to present it so it cannot be your address...
    Tony,
    Congrats on the award ! Tom was always kinda like that with award presentations - It's like he can tell you're squirming in your seat

That said, seems funny that an individual who wrote in grave detail about Soviet arty got lost finding your house.
    He found my house. Getting back to Polk proved difficult.

Hell sometimes I can't find my a$$ or so the wife says.

Personally I never get lost--I always know where I am cause that's where I am standing. Now the "where" part can be difficult but I am a long time student of the big-hand, little map technique.

Tom