Quote Originally Posted by SGTMILLS View Post
Since this tactic has been implemented, there has been a reduction in the number of IED's placed. You are on point with one statement, though... We are definately NOT going to get the IED builders with this approach. We will, however, psychologically affect all the emplacers and the collectors out there. Even IF we DIDN'T employ this tactic, just SAYING we use it causes a great psychological rift within the insurgency.
SGT Mills
To my knowledge, THIS technique has not been implimented anywhere in a large scale. This technique does not target the emplacers. That is a different TTP which I agree can result in a temporary reduction in IED emplacement in a specific area but it needs to be coupled with agressive targeting of the builders and facilitators. I won't say that going after the nugs is a waist of time, it isn't, but it should never be anywhere near the main focus. Believe me, we will run out of will to fight this thing long before they run out of guys to dig holes and put IEDs in them. Builders and facilitators are another story.

SFC W