Thread: The US Army on the Mexican Border

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

I don't disagree with anything you've said.

I felt less secure in a few sectors down there than at any time I was in Afghanistan. The border itself is a joke, with a few strands of barbed wire -if that- and some ancient wooden pickets being the actual "border."

Nothing will be done because both political parties want Central American illegal immigration to continue - the Pubs want cheap labor, the Dems want votes. No one is willing to look at a clash of cultures or races because that is politically incorrect and no one could ever fight over such abstract concepts in the US.

Exceedingly shortsighted. We will pay in the end in blood I think.
    "Speak English! said the Eaglet. "I don't know the meaning of half those long words, and what's more, I don't believe you do either!"

The Eaglet from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland

Nothing will be done because both political parties want Central American illegal immigration to continue - the Pubs want cheap labor, the Dems want votes. No one is willing to look at a clash of cultures or races because that is politically incorrect and no one could ever fight over such abstract concepts in the US.

Exceedingly shortsighted. We will pay in the end in blood I think.
    I fear you are correct and that truth will come to haunt us...

Default Shootout in TJ

Interesting little fire fight, with the cars and weapons coming from the north side of the border. Probably only a matter of time before this sort of fun and games gets moved up here, particularly if the cartels disguise their horrorshowing business moves as a Liberation Movement.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.466c702.html

TIJUANA, Mexico – Suspected drug traffickers clashed on the streets of this border town across from San Diego early Saturday in a wild and bloody shootout that left 13 people dead in a series of moving gun battles.
    Gunmen began firing on each other with rifles and automatic weapons in a light industrial area east of the city, according to authorities, ultimately leaving a trail of corpses, spent shell casings and bullet-riddled vehicles across Tijuana.
    Mr. Perez, the state police spokesman, said police seized 21 vehicles after Saturday's shootout. Some had U.S. license plates.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimesc...2-45e4c4ccacdd
    Fourteen bodies were lying in pools of blood on a road near assembly-for-export maquil-adora plants on the city's eastern limits. The corpses were surrounded by hundreds of bullet casings, and many of their faces were destroyed.
    Soldiers stand guard in front of the Tijuana city morgue, where the bodies of drug gang members killed in a gun battle yesterday are being kept. It was one of the deadliest shootouts in Mexico's three-year-long narco-war.
    The 15th body was found nearby. Eight men were injured and six others were arrested, but some gang members are thought to have escaped.