Thread: Terrorism: What's Coming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Humphrey View Post
    I think we will find the base for future terrorism focally somewhere near those
    in mid level power with the most to lose from changes due to globalism in all it's parts
    Or, perhaps, those most fearful of the change brought about by cultural globalism. (For example, traditionalist Muslim men who see young Muslim girls wearing skin tight jeans.)

Or, perhaps, those who see the world moving past them with no hope of being able to join the parade, and looking for someone to blame. (For example, young men from Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc. who have an engineering degree without the family connections to find appropriate work.)

Or, perhaps, a parent whose children died in an cholera epidemic brought about by lack of clean water, in a country governed by a kleptocracy. (Pick your third world country.)

Or, perhaps, a normal, everyday sociopath/psychopath who just enjoys killing.

Some of these we could address, at least in part. But in 2003 we took strong action to remove a kleptocrat from power, and I don't need to comment on how that turned out. (I'm not referring to the incompetence displayed by our DoD in managing the occupation prior to Petreus. I'm referring to the behavior of the MSM and social "elites" in condemning the US for ending the reign of terror in the first place.) As to whether we will address them ... I don't see any serious move to remedy problems in Darfur - beyond "elites" wringing their hands about how tragic the situation is, and, of course, holding conferences on the "crisis" at five star hotels. (The same "elites," by the way, who didn't do anything in Rwanda.)

Just as a focal point, what do we expect to happen in Zimbabwe over the next few years? What kind of terrorist activities can we expect from the Mugabe government against its people? What kind of response can we expect from those people in return? How long before wide spread famine begins? What bill are we going to be told to pick up, without, of course any interference in the "internal politics" of Zimbabwe's ruling kleptocrats/lunatics, who created the crisis to begin with? And how will the victims spread the pain? Will they use terrorism to involve other African countries? European countries?

I could not agree more
    ...that we need a strategy that is multidimensional, that more effectively engages the international community, and that does a better job of preserving basic values, even while changing the doctrines and rules that govern our response.
    However, before that can occur, the West in general, and the US in particular, need to do some serious soul searching. A few of the topics might include: the difference between moral position (committing troops and dollars to ending a situation such as Darfur) and moral posturing (viewing Darfur with alarm and forming a discussion group to talk about how awful it is); the difference between journalism and propaganda (referring to the "Global War on Terror" as opposed to renaming it "The So-Called Global War on Terror"); do we really have any moral obligation to band aid the problem (e.g. food aid to Zimbabwe) if we don't have a right or obligation to fix the problem (e.g. food aid to Zimbabwe delivered by the 82nd Airborne and a couple of MAUs)?

I know it will be controversial, but one the Bush had dead on right: we are going to have terrorism with us until we remove the root causes that lead people to adopt it.

[/rant]
    Last edited by J Wolfsberger; 12-10-2007 at 01:51 PM.
    John Wolfsberger, Jr.

An unruffled person with some useful skills.